Comment on page
How to Set Up a Neo Wallet
In this guide we show you how to set up the NEON and NeoLine wallets with Flamingo.
First, we'll walk you through how to set up your NEON wallet. To set up your NEON Wallet on the Flamingo platform:
2. Select your preferred operating system and install the file.
3. Once installed, select Create Wallet on the NEON login screen.
4. Add a wallet name and passphrase and select Create Wallet again. You are now able to save all your information.
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU STORE YOUR PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED KEYS! Best practice is to write them down to avoid loss of funds.
5. Select the X on the top right and log in using the credentials you just created.
7. Select Connect Wallet > NEON.
8. There are several ways to connect your NEON wallet to the platform. You can either Link your wallet, scan a QR code or copy and paste the connection URL into the add connection page in your wallet.
9. For this example, we have chosen Link Wallet with the Deeplink connection. The browser will ask you if you would like to accept Neon to make a connection. Select Yes.
10. You are now prompted with the NEON wallet connection window. Select the green checkmark.
11. Your wallet is now connected.
NOTE: When you execute a transaction on the Flamingo platform, you have to confirm it in the NEON wallet interface.
12. Open the NEON wallet to approve the transactions.
That’s it! You can now connect and interact with the Flamingo platform via your NEON wallet.
In this section, we will walk you through how to create a NeoLine wallet and connect it to the Flamingo platform. The NeoLine wallet is a web extension on the Google Chrome browser or any other Chromium browser. To install the NeoLine extension:
- 1.Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for the NeoLine extension.
2. In this example we will use the Chrome browser. Select Add to Chrome to install the extension.
3. Go to the Extensions tab and select NeoLine. The NeoLine wallet will open. (Optional: You can select the tack button to pin the extension to the browser without having to open the Extensions tab every time.)
4. In NeoLine, select Create a new wallet.
5. Select the Neo N3 blockchain.
6. Name your wallet, and choose a secure password. Select Create to create your wallet.
Tip: use a password sentence you’ve memorized.
NOTE: DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEY.
7. Now, SAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEY AND SEED PHRASE. Your private key allows access to your wallet anywhere, anytime. Without it, your funds could get lost. Do not share this with anyone, ever, since anyone with your private key can access your funds.
8. Print out your private key or write it down (or do BOTH). Do not postpone this step! It is crucial for the safety of your funds.
10. Select Connect Wallet > NeoLine.
11. You are now prompted with the NeoLine wallet connection window. Select Connect.
12. Your wallet is now connected.
NOTE: When you execute a transaction on the Flamingo platform, you have to confirm it in the NeoLine wallet interface.
That’s it! You can now connect and interact with the Flamingo platform via your NeoLine wallet.